EXTENDED DEADLINE - new deadline 15th June 2012
REF seeks a consultant to prepare a Country Assessment for Hungary
The Roma Education Fund is preparing an update of its country assessment on the education of Roma in Hungary and seeks a consultant to prepare the document. The assignment is for 20 days of work.
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- review and update the entire document: REF country assessment for Hungary 2005
- review the final and external reports from REF projects in Hungary, REF Annual reports and other documents provided by REF
- assess the REF intervention in Hungary since the last country assessment was prepared (project grants, policy studies, knowledge sharing and tertiary education scholarships) based on the information provided by REF and public documents suggested by the consultant
- assess the Educational Act adopted in 2011 and other governmental rules, documents strategies regarding to education of Roma
- what are the programmes planned in the OP Structural Funds of relevance for Roma education
- introduce possible legislation changes, new initiatives and provide written feedback on the document and concrete suggestions on improvements needed
- suggest areas for possible interventions for REF in Hungary; considering Governmental regulations, scaling up opportunities of existing education projects;
In performing the tasks the consultant should take into account the need of interviewing key governmental and non-governmental actors in order to take stock of new developments in education since 2005.
The consultant should collaborate with REF staff during the process and incorporate the feedback received during the stages of producing the document.
- thorough knowledge and understanding of the education system and the situation of the Roma in Hungary
- proficiency in oral and written English and Hungarian
- degree in education or related field
- at least 2 years of experience in research / writing policy documents in English
- good communication skills
Report of 15-20 pages length in English using the model format provided by REF. The report should be submitted in electronic format.
A draft of the report is expected after approximately 15 days’ work. A final report, revised to take into account the comments from REF, will be prepared within 5 working days after receiving the comments.
REF expects to consultant on the draft of the document when it is finalized; the consultant will prepare a PowerPoint presentation for use by REF staff summarizing the document. The consultant will also participate in the consultation meeting.
Management and organisation:
The work is expected to begin at 10th of June and be completed by 5th of July, 2012.
REF will meet all reasonable costs of completing this assignment, including travel within Hungary, subject to prior approval of REF and satisfactory documentation of expenses. The consultant will be responsible for providing his/her own computer, telephone and other necessary office equipment and supplies.
Application package should consist :
- a CV in eurpass format in English
- and motivation letter in English
- list of previous publications and/or articles in English or Hungarian
The application package should be sent to Ms. Anasztazia Nagy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting applications is 5th June 2012.