Roma Memorial University Scholarship Program (RMUSP) - Professional Development Fund
The RMUSP PDF is an additional component to scholarship, meant to encourage current RMUSP beneficiaries of the 2015-2016 academic year to enhance their academic, professional and personal development by participating in extra-curricular activities and further expanding their academic and/or professional network. For this purpose, the RMUSP PDF supports participation in various academic and professional activities in scholarship recipient’s countries, or abroad.
The following PDF activities are eligible for support:
- Foreign Language courses, in country of residence;
Courses must be attended at accredited  language schools and in a class / group.
Private or one-to-one lessons are not accepted.
- Computer courses, in country of residence (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Research Projects, in country of residence;
- Internships / Fellowships / Summer Schools, in country of residence or abroad;
- Academic Conferences, in country of residence or abroad.
- Applicants must be ongoing (2015-2016 academic year) REF RMUSP scholarship recipients by the time of submitting an application for the RMUSP PDF;
- Applicants must prove, with adequate documentation, that they have been accepted to participate at the professional development activity (acceptance letter indicating the name of the applicant, the time-frame of the PDF activity that they will be attend, and the cost of the PDF activity;
- Applicants must provide verified and detailed information about the level of costs for the intended activity (pro-forma invoice, or invoice indicating the cost for the intended activity / printouts or screenshots from relevant webpages indicating pricing and/or letters from organizers are also acceptable);
- Applicants must provide proof of confirmation in case the requested financial support from RMUSP PDF is covered partially by the organizers or the service providers of the PDF activity that the applicant wants to attend, or by any other third-party. In such case please provide to REF SP the relevant details and proofs;
- Retroactive PDF activities, such as those that occurred before the launching of the PDF cycle for 2015-2016 academic year (i.e. before January 2016) are not eligible.
Please note that meeting the eligibility criteria do not necessarily guarantee the granting of the PDF support.
REF SP accepts applications for one or more of the listed types of PDF activities.
To apply for an RMUSP PDF grant, RMUSP 2015-2016 scholarship beneficiaries must complete the PDF Offline Application Form for the corresponding PDF activity (in English language) for which they wish to receive funding, and submit it along with the requested documents / attachments, as specified in the respective application form.
We encourage the interested candidates to send their applications as early as possible after the launching of the PDF (from January 2016 onwards).
The offline application forms can be found below these guidelines, at the bottom of the page. Please make sure that you choose correctly the corresponding PDF activity application form.
In case of equally good applications, priority will be given to students who have not benefited of a PDF funding before.
The completed Offline Application Form(s) must be sent to: email@example.com
In order to properly identify your application, please indicate in the subject line of the email, the following: PDF application (the type of the PDF activity) and your name, for example: “PDF Academic Conference / Sara Johns”; “PDF Foreign Language / Sara Johns” etc.
The submitted offline applications forms are reviewed for the eligibility and content, shortly after submission, and as long as they meet both administrative and quality criteria they are selected for funding on a first-come-first-served basis.
RMUSP PDF applications are accepted until end of July 2016; the PDF activity must take place and be completed by end of August 2016.
RMUSP PDF applications for activities that took place before launching of the PDF announcement (January 2016), or will unfold beyond August 2016, will not be considered eligible.
Allocation of the RMUSP PDF financial support is made on a competitive basis considering the following aspects:
- The applicant’s general academic standing;
- How closely is the nature / focus of the PDF event / activity related to the academic specialization pursued by the applicant;
- Expressed motivation for pursuing the PDF activity;
- The value and importance of the activity / event for applicant’s academic field and/or for applicant’s personal and professional development, career prospect;
- The overall comprehensibility and coherence of the application and the sound arguments provided in support of the pursued PDF activity.
REF SP will announce, on the website, the closing of the PDF component, when the allocated budget is exhausted.
It is mandatory that all beneficiaries of a RMUSP PDF grant 2015-2016 will submit (by email) to the REF SP a completed PDF Report Form, together with financial justifications of the expenses (i.e. payment receipts, invoices), no later than 2 weeks after the completion of their PDF activity. You can find the Report Form here
The PDF Report Form must be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject title: “PDF Report Form / your name”.
The submission of the PDF Report Form is mandatory; failure to do so will disqualify the applicant from the future PDF competitions as well as from the future REF SP scholarship cycles.
According to REF Scholarship Program policies and procedures the applicants found responsible for submitting to REF forged or false documents and information shall not be further considered for REF SP scholarship schemes or additional components, and for other REF programs.
In case you become a recipient of a PDF grant in 2015-16 academic year, please note that all the Contractual Obligations (page 6 of your scholarship Online Application Form - OAF) which are applicable to your scholarship grant are valid for the PDF grant as well.
In case you have questions regarding the offline application form, please contact the REF SP at the following email address: email@example.com